How to restore when the website is crashed?
When your website is down and you don't have an access to your dashboard, you have two option for restoration:
1. WordPress reinstallation
- Reinstall a new/clean WordPress instance
- Install BackupGuard plugin
- Import your backup you want to restore
- Restore and you're done!
If you're running BackupGuard Free, your newly installed WordPress instance should have exactly the same database table prefix as the old WordPress intallation had when you've captured that specific backup archive. Otherwise, you'll face an exception regarding that. BackupGuard Pro contians embedded migration module which automatically cares about migration functionality and you don't need to worry about that.
2. Manual restoration
- First of all, you should extract your archive. More detailed information regarding extraction you can find here: https://backup-guard.com/products/backup-wordpress/doc/extract-sgbp
- Connect with FTP client (e.g. FileZilla or Cyberduck) and upload the extracted wp-content directory on your server
- Now using cPanel tools (e.g. phpMyAdmin), import your database .sql file to restore the database too
- After importing .sql file, find what's the database table prefixe in your DB
- Now open the wp-config.php file and make sure the table_prefix is the same as imorted in your DB
Back to search